Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. -- Dream speech & Birmingham letter

Fortunately for the rest of us, Dr. King was not just a man of great wisdom, but a man whose mastery of the written and spoken word enabled him to share his wisdom in a manner that made his sharing one of the unforgettable experiences of our lives. So on this day that we celebrate his birth, perhaps the best tribute we can render is to listen to some of what he said and read some of what he wrote, yet again:
  • "I Have a Dream" ...

  • Letter from a Birmingham Jail
    "6 April 1963
    My Dear Fellow Clergymen:
    While confined here in the Birmingham city jail, I came across your recent statement calling my present activities "unwise and untimely." Seldom do I pause to answer criticism of my work and ideas. If I sought to answer all the criticisms that cross my desk, my secretaries would have little time for anything other than such correspondence in the course of the day, and I would have no time for constructive work. But since I feel that you are men of genuine good will and that your criticisms are sincerely set forth, I want to try to answer your statement in what I hope will be patient and reasonable terms" ... Please click here for the rest of Dr. King's letter. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!! Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated ... :-)